EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - When you join BBAHC, you'll find a community of capable healthcare professionals dedicated to providing quality care to the Native community of the Bristol Bay region.
For more information about this position contact the Personnel Office at 907-842-9325 (toll free in Alaska 1-800-478-5201, ext. 6325)
||A/DA Residence Attendant
||Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Program
||Provide coverage for Jake's Place during non-business hours.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrates leadership and authority.
- Demonstrates stability and self-control and ability to work under indirect supervision.
- Knowledge of alcoholism and drug abuse preferred.
- A period of one year sobriety will be required for recovering individuals.
- Ability to work with people from various socio/ethnic/cultural backgrounds.
- Valid Alaska Drivers License.
- Confidentiality is required for this position.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span (e.g., pediatric/adult/geriatric) and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the assigned unit's policies and procedures.
- Assist in the general care and well being of clients.
- Monitor and enforce residential house rules as listed in client handbook.
- Maintain building security.
- Maintain log of events of shift.
- Perform receptionist tasks and other general office duties, including screening calls.
- Attend to hazardous situations (wet floors, broken windows etc.).
- Participate in emergency drills.
- Provide custodial services as assigned during shift. Keep work area clean and organized.
- Consult with counseling staff as to special problems among residents and inform Residence Manager as to events of the shift.
- Provide supervision of client’s self-administration of prescription or over-the-counter drugs.
- Transport clients in corporate vehicle.
- When assigned, supervise client group sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If you would like to apply for this position, you may download the BBAHC Application in PDF or Word format.
For more information or to submit an application, contact the Human Resources Department.
Toll free in Alaska: 1-800-478-5201, ext. 6325
BBAHC's Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 130
Dillingham, Alaska 99576
NOTE: A complete job description can be obtained from the Human Resources Department.
An excellent benefit package is available to permanent full/part time employees. BBAHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating under the Alaska Native and American Indian Preference in Hiring provisions of PL93-638. Pre-employment drug screening required. A completed background investigation and determination that the applicant meets the eligibility criteria of the Alaska Barrier Crimes Act and, where applicable, the Indian Child Protection Act, are prerequisites to hiring.
Links of Interest
Phone: (907) 842-9325
Toll Free (within Alaska): (800) 478-5201
Fax: (907) 842-9251
Kanakanak Hospital history dates back to 1913. In 1980, BBAHC began managing and operating Kanakanak Hospital and the Bristol Bay Service Unit for the Indian Health Service (IHS), the first tribal organization in the United States to do so under P.L.-638. More...
Nushagak Bay, Warehouse Mountain, Wood River - all contribute to the unique beauty that surrounds Dillingham, Alaska.
Links of Interest
Check out "Bay Babies"
Are you committed to improving the quality of healthcare to a diverse population? Attracted to the allure of the Alaskan frontier? Check us out, we may have your dream job!